The butterfly lens is indeed one of the most popular lenses used over Snapchat at all times and places. In this article, we comprehensively cover the methodologies to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
Snapchat is more or less about the lenses they use, but the streak of the lenses retains a reasonably equal degree of significance. Going by the stats shared by Snapchat, they got 2.5 million lenses up and running on the platform. More than 250k creators have come together to create these lenses.
So, we have a whole lot of people with us who have created these lenses. Since the lenses are so many, it may be possible that a user has not seen even 1% of the lenses that are in there.
Also Read: How to Delete Instagram Account Permanently or Temporarily
Like all things, when you go check out the lenses, you’d like some lenses and not like the others as much.
But, the Butterfly lens is different for being exceptionally popular and you’d want to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat. As specified by the name, when you start using this lens, you’d come to see that butterflies are being used such that the effect over the pictures is exceptional. That gives us another reason to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
With time, even more, butterfly lenses have been introduced into Snapchat, each having a new set of tweaks and intricacies. You could use as many Butterfly lenses as you desire, but it will all start with unlocking the Butterfly lenses.
4 Quick Methods to Unlock the Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
|1. Scan Snapcode||Open the Snapchat app and scan the Snapcode for the Butterflies Lens.|
|2. Search Lens||Open the Snapchat camera, tap the search icon, and search for “Butterflies Lens”.|
|3. Share Snapcode||Ask a friend who has unlocked the Butterflies Lens to send you the Snapcode and scan it using the Snapchat app.|
|4. Follow Snapchat accounts||Follow Snapchat accounts that frequently share information about new lenses and filters, and keep an eye out for any announcements regarding the Butterflies Lens.|
Table of Contents
How do we define the Butterfly lens on Snapchat:
There are a host of camera filters that are available for use on Snapchat. But, the butterfly lens is one of the most popular among them. Just open the filter to discover several attractive butterflies flying all across your face.
This exact filter is Paper Butterfly and the user behind the creation of this filter uses the username jb pirie.
Each of the butterflies that we find here is animated but looks very nice. You may choose to have butterflies flying around your entire body, based on your discretion, after you unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
Methods to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat:
1. Using a link to get a Snapchat Lens
If you plan to obtain the butterfly lens by using this method, you’d require the aid of a friend that has a butterfly lens saved in his profile. The steps below will unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
- On your mobile phone, launch the Snapchat app
- Now, open your friend’s inbox, one who has used the butterfly lens already
- Your friend will now need to visit the butterfly lens and choose the ‘Share’ option
- You’d see that the link is now copied over to the clipboard
- Your friend now needs to send this link over to you
- If you have received the link, click on it
- The link now opens automatically in your Snapchat app
2. Scan a Snapcode image
A Snap code is nothing but a QR code that will vary from one lens to the other. If you intend to use the Snap code to unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat, use the steps shown below to accomplish the needful.
- Go to the Snapchat mobile app
- Open the app’s camera
- Scan the above image or one that has been shared
- This image is the QR code that is sometimes known as the Snap code as well
- Now, place the QR code in the camera frame and click an image.
- Snapchat scans the image automatically and also opens the link
3. Use the Snapchat Filter to look for lenses
If you come to see that the methods demonstrated above do not deliver the desired results for you, then, over Snapchat, you can find the butterfly lens by conducting a simple search.
- On your phone, open the Snapchat app
- Go to the app’s camera
- Locate the Search icon on the top left corner and click on it
- In the search icon, type ‘Butterfly lens’
- This will result in numerous results for butterfly lens filters
- Now, click on Explore lenses
- You can now use the butterfly lenses that you prefer
4. Via Snapchat Lens studio
Snapchat Butterflies mood lens can also be unlocked via the Snapchat Lens Studio. Here’s how we go about it:
- Open the Snapchat app
- Visit the Snapchat Lens Studio section
- Here, you’ll come across the different lenses that Snapchat users have created
- If you scroll down, you’ll find the butterfly lens as well in the selections of different lenses
- Save the filter by using Snapcode
5. Use others’ Snap to unlock Butterflies
In case you observe a Snap from someone else’s story, you can get it for yourself as well. We go about it in the following way.
- Go to the Snap with Butterflies lens filter
- Tap on the Try new button
- Alternatively, you may choose to swipe and select the lens
- Access to the Butterflies lens is now enabled for you
- Capture images using the Butterflies lens
6. Conduct a search for Butterflies Lens on Snapchat
Here’s how we go about it:
- Open Snapchat.
- Next to your profile option will be the search option that you need to click on
- In the search bar, type Butterfly lens
- From the results shown, choose the filter that meets your preferences
- From here, add the Butterflies filter to your profile
Use your camera roll to unlock the butterflies lens
When using this method, you’d come to see that it bears similarities with scanning a Snapcode image method, demonstrated above. Using the app to open the camera roll is all that needs to be done. Then, you’d have to scan the lens’s snapcode. To your collection, it will be added.
How would I open the lens link?
You’d unlock the lens link by tapping on it after you receive it. A prompt will be displayed to you at this point. For a specific time period, the option to unlock it will also be available. After you tap on unlock, the lens is rendered usable.
How many butterfly links does Snapchat have in total?
The exact number is not known as of now, but many are there. This is primarily because all users can come up with their own filters. Moreover, there are cases wherein single users have created numerous butterfly filters, so you can unlock the butterflies lens on Snapchat.
Is sharing my Butterfly lens with my friends possible?
Yes. To accomplish the same, all you need to do is first copy your lens’s link, and then use the chat box to send it to your friends. Going through method #1 will explain the point in further detail.
Can I remove a LIVE butterfly filter from my Snapchat profile?
Yes. First, on Snapchat, open the butterfly lens. On the top left of the screen, you’d come across the ‘i’ button that you need to tap on. You’d now see a popup that has several menus.
Now, on the option that says Remove lens, tap. Next, tap on remove. The lens is gone from the app.